What is 假日夫妻 weekend couple?

最近有學生問我什麼是
A student recently asked me what this means:

❤️ Weekend couples

❣️ 週末 = weekend
​ ❣️夫妻 = husband and wife

你知道這個詞是什麼意思嗎
Do you know what this term means?

就是指夫妻兩人上班地點不一樣,分開住
It refers to married couples who work in different places, live separately,

只有週末的時候才見面。

and only meet on weekends.

好處是見到面可以互相分享很多事情,
The good thing is that when they meet, they have lots to share,

平日又可以有自己的生活

and during the week they can each have their own lives.

好像還不錯?!

It sounds nice, doesn't it?

我發現在日本、中國都有這個現象
I’ve noticed this phenomenon exists in Japan and China too.

臺灣的話,我們比較常用這個詞
In Taiwan, we more often use this phrase:

❤️ hoiliday couples or weekend couples

❣️ 假日 = day offs
假日這個字更廣了,包含週末還有一些放假的日子。
The word 假日 is broader—it includes weekends and other days off.

夫妻各自生活,有空才見面
The couple lives their own lives and only meet when they have time.

你呢 你喜歡假日夫妻這個概念嗎?
What about you? Do you like the idea of “holiday(weekend) couples”?

另外一個也很常見的大家也可以順便記
There’s another very common term you can remember:

Holiday couple


​❣️ 情侶 = unmarried couple

一對情侶平常各有生活重心
It describes a couple who each have their own busy life during the week

有空才見面的時候

and only meet when they have time.

例子 Example:

我身邊的好朋友,因為她的男朋友也是她的同事,每天都會見得到面,
One of my close friends sees her boyfriend every day because they’re colleagues.

很自然的就變成假日情侶
So naturally, they became a “holiday couple.”

她說我們就是假日情侶,很輕鬆,
She says, “We’re just a holiday couple—it’s very relaxed,”

所以他們感情一直很好

and their relationship has been really good.

她很喜歡這樣的相處模式
She loves this way of being together.

但是結婚後不想變成假日夫妻
But after getting married, she doesn’t want to become a “holiday couple”

我的學生她住美國,她說她身邊的朋友也有假日夫妻,
One of my students lives in the U.S. and says her friends also have “holiday marriages”

因為工作關係他們必須分開住
because of work, They have to live apart.

💞

在你的國家常見嗎
Is this common in your country?

我自己覺得假日情侶很不錯,

Personally, I think being a holiday couple is nice,

但是假日夫妻我不確定,太多變數了

but being a holiday married couple...I’m not so sure. Too many variables.

假日情侶在臺灣真的很常見,也是聊天的話題喔
“Holiday couples” are really common in Taiwan and a frequent topic in conversations.

🫶

My mission is to help you converse with Taiwanese people confidently and connect with your Taiwanese family and friends.

Note

很多學生跟我說,他們希望有人陪他們練習、建立信心

Many students told me they wanted consistent support and someone to practice with,
所以我在每個課程裡加入了 Option 2(課程 + Premier Coaching) 這個選項

so I added Option 2 (Course + Premier Coaching) to every course.
你在課程頁面時就能選擇加入小圈圈,和我一起練習。
You can now choose this option on any of my course page and join the inner coaching circle.

有興趣的話,歡迎加入這個等待名單

If you're interested in this Premier Coaching Program,

do not hesiate to join this Waitlist.

Next
Next

Family Culture in Taiwan: 親子關係 (Parents–Child Relationship) :Love or Pressure?