Be kind to myself 對自己好一點|Mental Health & New Year Resolutions|Taiwanese Mandarin Listening Practice

今天會聊到心理健康、新年新希望有關
Today, I want to talk about mental health and New Year resolutions.

新年新希望 就是新年的願望的意思
“新年新希望” means New Year resolutions.

在臺灣以前我們小時候都要寫這個作文 「新年新希望」
In Taiwan, when we were kids, we always had to write an essay called “New Year Resolutions.”

大家就會寫一些新年新希望然後都做不到 哈哈
Everyone would write some resolutions and then fail to achieve them, haha.

那天我跟我的 coaching 學生聊到新年新希望
The other day, I talked about New Year resolutions with my coaching students.

哇 我好喜歡他們寫的東西
Wow, I really loved what they wrote.

接近大自然
Getting closer to nature.

繼續學中文
Continuing to learn Chinese.

繼續旅行順利
Continuing to travel smoothly.

這幾天我一直在想,我漏了什麼東西
These past few days, I kept thinking—what did I miss?

有個東西忘了講
There was one thing I forgot to say.

我希望我「對自己好一點」
I hope I can “be nicer to myself.”

我爸LINE給我的時候,他常跟我說「對自己好一點」
When my dad messages me on LINE, he often tells me, “Be nicer to yourself.”

「對自己的好一點」

Be nice to myself

我開始在想 什麼是「對自己的好一點?」
I started thinking: what does “being nicer to myself” really mean?

對自己溫柔一點?
Being gentler with myself?

是多愛自己一點的意思嗎?
Does it mean loving myself more?

其實這個概念現在才有的,是個很熱門的話題
Actually, this concept is quite new and has become a popular topic.

我們這輩的越來越重視心理健康這塊
Our generation is paying more and more attention to mental health.

心理健康mental health
Mental health.

我覺得在我爸媽那個年代他們會覺得愛自己對自己溫柔、很自私
I think in my parents’ generation, loving yourself and being gentle with yourself was seen as selfish.

要努力、不能自私、要為家人付出
You had to work hard, not be selfish, and sacrifice for your family.

我覺得每個人對對自己好一點、對自己溫柔的定義不太一樣
I think everyone has a different definition of being nicer and gentler to themselves.

跟我分享
Please share with me.

所以「對自己好一點」的定義是什麼?
So what does “being nicer to yourself” mean to you?

對我來說,就是接受自己、當自己最好的朋友。
For me, it means accepting myself and being my own best friend.

接受自己 accept oneself
Accept oneself.

當自己最好的朋友 be my own best friend
Be my own best friend.

你有沒有當自己最好的朋友?
Are you your own best friend?

我去年赫然發現我並沒有
Last year, I suddenly realized that I wasn’t.

我好像對自己的蠻嚴厲的
I seemed to be quite harsh on myself.

嚴厲
Harsh.

去年我發現自己對自己太嚴苛了
Last year, I realized I was too strict with myself.

嚴苛 strict
Strict.

我想我是在言語上 不放過自己
I think I don’t let myself off the hook with my words.

我會去評斷自己 評斷judge
I judge myself.

我好笨、白癡
“I’m so stupid.”

我變胖了 好醜
“I gained weight. I look ugly.”

在工作上,我也不放過自己
At work, I don’t go easy on myself either.

雖然我是自己的老闆,但是當你是自己的老闆的時候你說最可怕的
Even though I’m my own boss, being your own boss can be the scariest thing.

因為你用超高標準審視自己
Because you judge yourself by extremely high standards.

這集podcast 內容好無聊
“This podcast episode is so boring.”

我的聲音好假
“My voice sounds so fake.”

這樣真的能幫到學生嗎?
“Can this really help my students?”

這份工作可以做一輩子嗎?
“Can I really do this job for a lifetime?”

內心突然一直在懷疑自己、批評自己
Suddenly, my inner voice keeps doubting and criticizing me.

聽起來有沒有很耳熟?
Does this sound familiar to you?

去年年底我就發現變得有點憂鬱
At the end of last year, I realized I had become a bit depressed.

憂鬱
Depressed.

心理狀態不太好
“My mental state isn’t very good.”

大家可以記起來喔!這個句子
Everyone, remember this sentence.

「心理狀態不太好」
“My mental state isn’t very good.”

如果你覺得你的心理健康亮紅燈,
If you feel like your mental health is showing warning signs,

但又不想要嚇到別人,你可以說「心理狀態不太好」
but you don’t want to scare others, you can say, “My mental state isn’t very good.”

在臺灣我覺得這個話題已經有越來越開放了,但是還是偏向保守。
In Taiwan, I think this topic has become more open, but it’s still relatively conservative.

有時候我會被自己的嚴厲的聲音給嚇到
Sometimes I get scared by how harsh my inner voice is.

其實這個聲音只是身邊的人的回音
Actually, this voice is just an echo of people around me.

並不是真的內心的聲音
It’s not truly my own inner voice.

去年我很喜歡的日文老師推薦了一本書,我非常非常喜歡。
Last year, a Japanese teacher I really like recommended a book that I absolutely loved.


The Four Agreements.

心靈成長的書
A book about personal and spiritual growth.

如果你喜歡這種對心靈成長有啟發的書,可以去看看
If you like books that inspire personal growth, you can check it out.

如果你也是跟我ㄧ樣
If you’re the same as me,

對自己太嚴苛,
too strict with yourself,

記得對自己好一點, 因為你已經很好了
remember to be nicer to yourself, because you’re already good enough.

不用為難自己
Don’t make things hard for yourself.

你已經很努力了
You’ve already worked very hard.

「對自己好一點」就是聆聽自己身心靈的需求。
“Being nicer to yourself” means listening to your body, mind, and soul.

問自己:我需要什麼,然後好好的照顧自己。
Ask yourself: what do I need? And then take good care of yourself.

身體需要什麼?
What does your body need?

喝水、健康的食物
Water and healthy food.

在言語上,溫柔的鼓勵自己,
In your words, gently encourage yourself,

把自己當作自己最好的朋友,跟自己好好相處
treat yourself as your own best friend and get along well with yourself.

最近我蠻喜歡在心中自言自語的,這是個小秘密
Recently, I’ve enjoyed talking to myself in my head. This is a little secret.

我心情如果有點悶悶不樂,
When I feel a bit down,

我就會問自己
I ask myself,

「怎麼了,你好像不太開心,要不要去走一走、散步?
“What’s wrong? You don’t seem very happy. How about going for a walk?

還是聽個音樂?
Or listening to some music?

晚餐想吃什麼?
What do you want to eat for dinner?

我煮!
I’ll cook!

我來準備好吃的給你吃」
I’ll prepare something delicious for you.”

對我來說這就是對自己好一點的最好方式吧
For me, this is the best way to be nicer to myself.

你們呢? 歡迎跟我分享
How about you? You’re welcome to share with me.

你呢?
And you?

我發現當我們對自己好的時候,就能夠也溫柔的對待別人,也能夠愛別人。
I’ve realized that when we’re kind to ourselves, we can also be gentle with others and love others.

我如果對自己嚴厲,也會對別人嚴厲,
If I’m harsh with myself, I’ll be harsh with others too.

我如果內心一直評斷自己、批評自己,也會一直評斷別人、批評別人
If I keep judging and criticizing myself internally, I’ll also judge and criticize others.

今天我想把這份心情錄下來,
Today, I wanted to record these feelings,

時時刻刻提醒自己
to remind myself at all times.

我一直在想 今年我的podcast 的新方向是什麼
I’ve been thinking about what the new direction of my podcast should be this year.

網路上已經有那麼多教中文的內容了
There’s already so much Chinese-learning content online.

現在又有AI ,我能帶給學生什麼不一樣的東西呢?
And now there’s AI—what can I offer students that’s different?

一直以來有些學生寫email 跟我跟我說
Over the years, some students have written emails telling me

他們覺得聽我的聲音覺得很療癒
that they find my voice very healing.

聽了我的podcast 後沒有那麼憂鬱了
After listening to my podcast, they feel less depressed.

突然有了想學中文的動力了
They suddenly feel motivated to learn Chinese.

聽到的時候真的覺得很感動
Hearing this truly moves me.

我希望每個人在聽 這個podcast 的時候,
I hope that when everyone listens to this podcast,

都有一種被療癒的感覺。
they feel a sense of healing.

就算初學者的學生可能不太懂,
Even if beginner students don’t fully understand,

但是還是被這個podcast的氛圍療癒到
they can still be comforted by the atmosphere of this podcast.

我想用聲音陪伴大家。
I want to accompany everyone with my voice.

我希望能超越語言,帶給聽的人一種祥和、陪伴的安心感。
I hope to go beyond language and bring listeners a sense of peace and comforting companionship.

最後我想謝謝大家的支持,
Lastly, I want to thank everyone for your support.

這個 podcast 沒有植入任何廣告,這是我的選擇。
This podcast has no sponsored ads—this is my choice.

目前為止這個podcast 就是靠 Patreon 上大家的支持。
So far, this podcast is supported entirely by everyone on Patreon.

然後我做拼音注音和有翻譯的字稿給大家。
I also create transcripts with pinyin/zhuyin and translations for you.

都是我跟我先生製作的。
They are all made by my husband and me.

我們花蠻多時間核對的。
We spend quite a lot of time carefully checking them.

當然在網路上你可以請AI免費製作字稿,
Of course, online you can ask AI to generate transcripts for free,

但是仔細看蠻多錯誤的,大家還是要小心喔!
but if you look closely, there are quite a lot of mistakes, so please be careful.

我很感謝已經加入的學生,還有你們所有的鼓勵
I’m very grateful to the students who have already joined and for all your encouragement.

基本上如果沒有 patreon 收入根本沒辦法繼續做下去。
Basically, without Patreon income, it wouldn’t be possible to continue.

如果真的有那一天,那就順其自然,代表我的東西已經不被需要了。
If that day really comes, I’ll go with the flow—it would mean my work is no longer needed.

至少我很享受這個過程
At least I truly enjoy this process.

如果你喜歡這集,記得跟我分享,我會很開心的
If you like this episode, please share it. I’d be very happy.

謝謝你們聽到這邊
Thank you for listening all the way.

🎧 Podcast Episode Here

Previous
Previous

Expression 平常心 (Inner Peace) — Life Wisdom from my dad | Real Taiwanese Mandarin Conversation

Next
Next

What is 假日夫妻 weekend couple?