球是圓的: The Taiwanese Expression That Will Level Up Your Conversations With Locals
為什麼臺灣人很常說
Why do Taiwanese people often say
「球是圓的 」⚾️
“The ball is round ”?
qiú shì yuán de
What does 球是圓的 actually mean?
臺灣人這樣說的時候,代表比賽的時候什麼都有可能發生
When Taiwanese people say this, it means anything can happen during a game.
不到最後,你永遠不知道誰會輸,誰會贏,
Until the very end, you never know who will lose or who will win.
一個很強的隊伍,也有可能突然輸了
Even a very strong team can suddenly lose.
一個很弱的隊伍,也有可能贏了
Even a very weak team can end up winning.
例如在上次的PODCAST 裡面,去棒球比賽前我問我妹:
For example, in the last podcast, before going to a baseball game, I asked my sister:
In this episode, my little sister and I talk about how baseball has shaped our lives and what it has taught us about perseverance. You'll be learning two expressions. (球是圓的、不到九局下半不能放棄). Video version & Transcripts on Patreon.
我:「好緊張,你覺得我們會贏嗎?」
Wǒ: "Hǎo jǐnzhāng, nǐ juéde wǒmen huì yíng ma?"
Me: “I’m so nervous—do you think we’ll win?”
我妹: 「不知道。球是圓的」
Wǒ mèi: "Bù zhīdào. Qiú shì yuán de."
My sister: “I don’t know. The ball is round.” (you never know until the very end )
下次你去參加球賽的時候,試試看這個說法
Next time you go to a game, try using this phrase
臺灣人ㄧ定會對很佩服
Taiwanese people will definitely be impressed.
這個表達很簡單,但是學生很少用,也不太知道
This expression seems easy but students rarely use it and don't really know.
在 Level up Coaching Circle 裡面,你會學到很多口語常用的特殊表達,
In the upcoming Level Up Coaching Circle, you’ll learn many commonly used spoken expressions.
目前還剩一個名額
There is one spot left in the Level up Coaching Circle
(May–October)
14:30 (CET time)
能讓你的口說更厲害
it can take your speaking skills to the next level,
跟臺灣人更深入的聊天
and have deeper conversations with Taiwanese people,
用很臺的方式表達自己
Express yourself better in a "Taiwanese way"
聊各式各樣的話題
chat all kinds of topics with confidence
我知道這個時間可能對很多人來說太早了或是太晚
I know this time might be too early or too late for many people.
不過有緣的話,
But if the timing works out,
歡迎跟我和其他學生一起練習
you’re welcome to join me and other students to practice together.
直接回信聯絡我
Just reply to this email to contact me.
謝謝你們
Thank you!
I hope my content makes you feel warm and relaxed while learning Taiwanese Mandarin
—just as life should be :)