🎧I made a wish to Tokyo disneyland while hospitalized (ft. 喜願協會志工 Make-A-Wish Taiwan Volunteer)

今天這集 podcast 很私密

Today's episode is a very personal one

🎧 Podcast 版本 version here

其實九歲的時候我生病了,我得了癌症,住院化療ㄧ年

When I was nine, I got sick. I had cancer, and I spent a year in the hospital going through chemotherapy.

那時候我最大的願望就是跟我的家人一起去日本東京迪士尼

At the time, my biggest wish was to go to Tokyo Disneyland in Japan with my family.

那這個願望是臺灣的喜願協會幫我完成的喔

That wish was made possible by Make-A-Wish Taiwan.

大家知道喜願協會嗎?

Have you heard of Make-A-Wish before?

make-a-wish in taiwan

它是幫生重病的小孩實現願望的一個公益組織

It's a nonprofit organization that grants wishes for children with serious illnesses.

全世界各地都有,大家可以找一下自己的國家有沒有

It exists all over the world, so you might want to check if there's a chapter in your own country.

一開始是美國的Arizona 開始,

It started in Arizona, USA,

現在在日本、韓國、法國、德國、菲律賓、英國也都有

and now there are chapters in Japan, Korea, France, Germany, the Philippines, the UK, and more.

今天我特別邀請喜願協會的志工 Wendy 跟我一起聊天

Today I invited Wendy, a Make-A-Wish volunteer, to sit down and talk with me.

我們要回到我九歲的那年

We're going back to the year I was nine.

溫馨提醒 A gentle heads-up:

這集到後面我們不小心都哭了,

we both ended up crying by the end of this episode,

如果有點怕太催淚內容的人,可以注意一下

so if you're sensitive to emotional content, just a heads-up.

🌠

這段旅程

This episode covers my journey:

我們家人怎麼認識喜願協會、為什麼決定許去東京迪士尼的願望、

九歲生病小孩內心是怎麼想的、聊聊醫院生活、生與死

how my family first found out about Make-A-Wish, why I chose Tokyo Disneyland as my wish,

what was going on inside a sick nine-year-old's head, hospital life, and even life and death.

🌠

Wendy 從小在美國長大,回來臺灣後就在喜願協會當志工。已經十年了。

Wendy grew up in the US, and after moving back to Taiwan she started

volunteering with Make-A-Wish. She's been doing it for ten years now.

她提到外國人也可以當志工喔,中文好不好其實不是問題。

She mentions that foreigners can volunteer too — your Chinese level isn't actually the issue.

重點是要懂得跟小朋友玩、會玩遊戲。

What matters most is knowing how to play and connect with kids.

(下集我們會多講這個部分)

(We'll get into this more in the next episode.)

其實有些志工也會害怕面對小朋友

Honestly, some volunteers are afraid to face the kids

因為可能許願到一半,小朋友就離開了。

because sometimes a child passes away before their wish is even finished.

這集程度不會很難,中級 (TOCFL A1/A2-B1 )。

This episode isn't too difficult. Intermediate level

(TOCFL A1/A2-B1).

我是用九歲小朋友的口吻跟大家講故事的

I actuall tell the story from the perspective of my nine-year-old self.

影片、中英文字稿(注音拼音)、我都放在 Patreon 上了,

我想公開給大家下載。通常只有會員能看。

I've uploaded the full video, transcripts

(Chinese/English, zhuyin and pinyin) on Patreon,

HERE

I've made it free for everyone to download.

Normally it's only available for members.

NOTE:

有很多醫院實用的生字和成語。

There's a lot of useful vocabulary and idioms related to hospital in there.

(For example 例如: 醫師、社工、治療、層層把關...etc)

我們的語速是很自然的

Our speaking speed is very natural.

希望我跟Wendy 的對話能幫你們練習聽力和口說

I hope my conversation with Wendy can help you practice listening and speaking.

我想讓大家更認識喜願協會

I wanted more people to know about Make-A-Wish

Donation and volunteer info are in this episode's show notes.
我把捐款和志工資訊都放在這集的節目介紹裡了

謝謝你們聽我的許願故事

Thank you for listening to my wish story.

也希望你們和你們愛的人都健康、平安。

And I hope you and the people you love stay healthy and safe.

🌠 捐款資訊 donation info

Make-A-Wish Taiwan serves children ages 3–17 who have been diagnosed with life-threatening critical illnesses, making life-changing wishes come true.

When a wish comes true, it makes courage possible. We invite you to become a wish-granter too: 

➡️ Give monthly, support a dream: https://neti.cc/Pk8RWmr

➡️ Donate via 發票 receipt lottery donation code 愛心碼
If you travel or already live in Taiwan, you can donate your receipt at checkout by telling the cashier you'd like to donate it using a 愛心碼 charity code, just give them the code "2656".

➡️  For international donors, use this link here and choose Make-A-Wish Taiwan, or your own country's chapter.

🌠 志工資訊  Make-a-Wish Taiwan Volunteer info HERE

Previous
Previous

Can you feel the weight behind words ? ( why we switch from 精神科 to 身心科?) 你能感受到語言背後的重量嗎?

Next
Next

球是圓的: The Taiwanese Expression That Will Level Up Your Conversations With Locals